Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Thanksgiving Message 2016


“In Everything Give Thanks.” 1st Thessalonians 5:18

Friends,
November, for me, is a month filled with celebrations, anniversaries and thanksgiving. For me November marks the anniversary of moving to Grace Presbyterian Church in Martins Ferry. This year it marks the end of my 29th year of ministry and mission at the church.

As we approach Thanksgiving we should all pause, taking time to reflect on GOD’s many blessings and then return thanks to Him.

As in years past, I find my role with our presbytery both challenging and rewarding. Through it all I can boldly declare, “I am truly thankful for the privilege of serving in this capacity!” I am thankful for the Round Table who labors to cast a fresh vision for our presbytery. To the various committees and tasks forces that labor so hard for our Lord, I am thankful! To the A-Team, I am thankful for their devotion and for the many hours spent helping to lead our presbytery into the future! For Patty Oleska and Kandy Dunn, who work so diligently at running our office, making it run smoothly while presenting the impression that it is an effortless job, I am thankful! To our Moderator, Robert Nagy, who leads our meetings efficiently and effectively, I am thankful! To our Treasurer, Connie Quinn, who keeps our figures straight and to our Stated Clerk, Frank Lewis, who keeps me straight, I am thankful! But above all I am thankful for all of the churches that make up our presbytery. You make proud!

Jesus, addressing the church of Thyatira, declared, “I know your deeds, your love, and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.” Sitting at the presbytery office I can hear Jesus saying this about our presbytery. I hear it confirmed when I visit our churches, when I speak with our pastors, when I listen to their leadership. For your enthusiasm and energy, for your support and cooperation, for your generosity and assistance, I am thankful! I am thankful for your deeds and service to others in Jesus’ mighty name. I am thankful for the love you demonstrate, the grace you offer, the faith you share. I am thankful for the hope that pours out of your sanctuaries embracing those who feel hopeless, anxious, afraid. For the way you are working to grow the Kingdom of GOD, I am thankful.

With the season of Thanksgiving upon us, let each of us take time to be thankful for GOD’s many blessings. As a united Presbytery we pause, giving thanks for the journey made and for GOD’s guidance leading us into the new future. May GOD richly bless you and our presbytery this Thanksgiving Season and always as we together make our presbytery a vital and vigorous body!

Peace,

Rev. Bill Webster
Administrator UOV Presbytery
revwilliamwebster@gmail.com

No comments: