The Primary purpose of the Upper Ohio Valley Presbytery is to serve as a resource body, designed to equip, challenge, and encourage the churches within its jurisdiction to carry out their call to prepare the saints to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others through worship, discipleship, fellowship, ministry and mission.
MEETING HIGHLIGHTS AT A GLANCE
- 6:00 PM the meeting called to order by Moderator, TE, Robert Nagy TE Tim Wilt, host pastor gave greetings
- Worship - TE Tim Wilt was the preacher for the Communion Worship
- Treasurer's Report - CRE & Treasurer Connie Quinn present the financial report showing the giving is down this year.
- Committee On Ministry - TE, Erica Harley & ORE Cindy Foster presented: the Rev. Deb Messham was examined on the floor of the presbytery to be Member at Large. The Rev. John Oerter was examined for membership to serve as the Transitional Pastor for Vance Memorial Presbyterian Church.
- Nominating Committee - TE, Tim Wilt - presented the slate of committee chairs and committee members for the approval.
- Installation of CRE Connie Quinn as the Treasurer and TE Trina Lewis as the Vice Moderator of our presbytery.
- Administration Team - TE William Webster, CRE Connie Quinn and CRE Frank Haas were presented and elected to serve on the Nominating Committee.
- A report was presented by TE Homer Harden, who was a Commissioner to the 222nd General Assembly.
- TE Andy Woods and TE Barry Hall led the Recognition of the Closing of the Warwood Presbyterian Church.
- Bills & Overtures - TE David Demarest presented the first reading of changes to the Executive Round Table - 2nd reading is set for January Presbytery Meeting,
Meeting Adjourned with Prayer at 9:12 PM. 34 churches attended our Presbytery Meeting. Next meeting of our Presbytery will be on Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:30 AM at Bellaire Presbyterian Church in Bellaire, Ohio.