- During the month of January, I officiated the following wedding services:
- January 5 – Strickland-Ford
- We celebrated communion on January 29 and served 35. We’re also serving communion after the service. The numbers are as follows:
- January 1 - 0
- January 8 - 0
- January 15 - 5
- January 22 - 4
The session made the following committee assignments:
- Christian Growth – Debbie Rudiger & Colleen Shaw. It was suggested that we might consider hiring a youth worker in the future.
- Worship – Sue Willson & Diana Durst
- Outreach – Adam Dowler & Rocky Campbell
- Membership – Debbie Siefert & Phil Fraga. The following was shared:
- Weirton Medical Center is seeking volunteer clergy chaplains.
- We’re still collecting birthdays and anniversaries.
- One of the elders continues to take pictures at church functions and to post them on Facebook.
- Thank you cards are being sent to people in the church
The session considered some goals for 2017. Before the meeting, the elders were sent a copy of last year’s business plan and some additional suggestions. In discussing these goals, the session focused on the financial stress facing the congregation. To address this issue, the elders decided to consider funds already authorized for this purpose. The session also directed the pastor to write a letter on behalf of the session outlining our current financial need. It will be distributed to the elders for comment and sent to the membership.
The session discussed the following items of old business:
- Joint Meeting – The All-Board meeting was rescheduled for after worship on Sunday, March 12.
- February Communion - Since the service on February 26 will focus on the Boy Scouts, the following was moved: The congregation will celebrate communion on Sunday, February 19 rather than February 26. The motion was seconded, discussed and carried.
Session meetings are open to members and friends of the congregation. If you have suggestions or concerns, please plan to attend our next meeting.