- During the month of February, I led the following wedding service:
- February 2 – Lancaster-Smith
- During the month of February, I led the following funeral service:
- February 8 – Linda Roger
- We celebrated communion on February 19. We served 68.
- I led the following worship services:
- February 5 – Spiritual Growth for Short People: Making an Impact
- February 12 –Spiritual Growth for Short People: Sharing the Message
- February 19 – Spiritual Growth for Short People: Bringing in the Harvest
- February 26 – Scout Sunday
- In our Tuesday Study, I’m leading we’ve started a series on Luke/Acts.
The session made the following committee assignments:
- Christian Growth – Debbie Rudiger & Colleen Shaw. The following was reported:
- The Endowment Committee has set aside $2,000 for our children.
- The session discussed contacting Bethany College about a possible youth worker.
- Worship –Sue Willson & Diana Durst. It was reported that the Endowment Committee has funds for our bell and vocal choirs. We discussed the importance of shut-in communion and the recent changes in our worship music.
- Outreach – Adam Dowler & Rocky Campbell. There was no report.
- Membership – Debbie Siefert & Phil Fraga. The session discussed a replacement instrumentalist when Janice takes her vacation.
The session considered the goals for 2017. Before the meeting, the elders were sent a copy of last year's business plan and some additional suggestions. In discussing these goals, the session focused on dividing the goals among the different session committee and other Cove boards. When discussing community outreach, it was shared that the community will consider broad band technology for downtown Weirton, and it was suggested that we might want to be present at an organizing meeting. We also eliminated "Meeting with Choir re: new director" as a goal for 2017 since this has already been done.
The session discussed the following items of old business:
- Joint Meeting – The All-Board meeting is rescheduled for after worship this morning.
- Suggestion from the Congregation - The pastor brought to the session the idea that we schedule weekly rummage sales. It was suggested that it be mentioned at the joint meeting.
Session meetings are open to members and friends of the congregation. If you have suggestions or concerns, please plan to attend our next meeting.